MA / PhD in Arts by Research
Maximum Places Offered: Not Applicable
Level: MA 9 / PhD 10
Duration: MA 2 yrs / PhD 4 yrs
The research masters is assessed by the submission of a research thesis. The PhD is assessed by the submission of a research thesis and defence of same at a Viva Voce examination.
- Programme Overview
- Faculty of Arts Departments
- How to Apply
- Ask a Question
The Faculty of Arts at Mary Immaculate College has 13 different departments covering various disciplines in the area of Humanities. It offers academic leadership and postgraduate supervision within a broad range of research fields.
Start your Research Journey
Prospective postgraduates are encouraged to explore the research interests of the relevant department and to discuss their own ideas for research proposals with the respective Heads of Department or other faculty members as appropriate.
Academic Departments in the Faculty of Arts are as follows:
- Drama and Theatre Studies
- English Language and Literature
- French Studies
- German Studies
- Mathematics and Computer Studies
- Media and Communication Studies
- Theology and Religious Studies
Before you apply:
- Read about the steps you have to take to do a Research Postgraduate programme at MIC.
- Click here for English language requirements.
- If you have met all the criteria, click on the 'How to Apply' tab to pay your application fee and download and complete the application form which needs to be submitted separately.
- There are also a number of Structured PhD programmes available at MIC.