Following on from the recent MIC Instagram Live Q & A Sessions, which gave potential applicants the opportunity to have their queries about the College and its degrees answered by College experts, MIC is delighted to announce that a further series of ‘In Conversation’ Live Instagram Sessions will run from the 16 June right up to the CAO Change of Mind Deadline on 1 July.
According to Dr Patrick Cosgrove, MIC Student Recruitment Officer; "The Instagram Live Q & A sessions were extremely popular with leaving certificate students, guidance counsellors and mature students, from all over the country, participating in the event. The ‘In Conversation’ sessions will see programme co-ordinators go into more depth about each degree covering areas such as programme content, assessment modes and career opportunities. They will also answer questions that, due to time constraints, were not addressed during the Live Q & A sessions. To ensure that as many people as possible can engage with the series each one is scheduled at 7 o’clock in the evening and we have included a dedicated session on MIC Student Support Services."
Instagram ‘In Conversation’ Schedule (Instagram Handle @miclimerick):
Each session will be hosted by Dr Patrick Cosgrove, MIC Student Recruitment Officer.
· Tuesday 16 June (7pm): BA in Contemporary and Applied Theatre Studies with Dr Carole Quigley, Department of Drama & Theatre Studies.
· Wednesday 17 June (7pm): MIC Thurles Post-Primary Teacher Education Degrees with Dr Finn Ó Murchú, Head of the School of Education (Post-Primary).
· Thursday 18 June (7pm): Student Support Services with Dr Geraldine Brosnan, Director of Student Life.
· Tuesday 23 June (7pm): BA in Early Childhood Care and Education with Dr Lisha O'Sullivan, Head of the Department of Reflective Pedagogy and Early Childhood Studies.
· Thursday 25 June (7pm): Bachelor of Arts with Professor Michael Breen, Dean of the Faculty of Arts.
· Tuesday 30 June (7pm): Bachelor of Education (Primary Teaching), Bachelor of Education (International) & B Ed in Education & Psychology with Dr Claire Griffin, Department of Educational Psychology, Inclusive & Special Education.
Find MIC on Instagram - @miclimerick