Accessing Other Libraries
Visiting Other Libraries
There are many options available if you would like to visit other libraries.
Before visiting another library, check the opening hours and access requirements of that particular library from Other Library Websites
- If you need to visit other libraries not included in the above schemes, you will need a letter of introduction.
- A letter of introduction usually only provides access for one day or short-term access, and must specify the reason for the visit. Ongoing access is rarely permitted.
- A letter of introduction does not guarantee that you will be granted access to the stated library. It is provided on a goodwill basis. Some libraries may refuse access at busy or exam periods, or for other reasons e.g. space restrictions, seat shortages etc.
- Please enquire at the Service Desks if you need a letter of introduction to another library.
- Before visiting another library check the opening hours and access requirements of that particular library from Other Library websites
If you live at a distance from MIC or other university libraries, remember to check out your local public library for easy access to a place to study and borrow reading materials when off-campus.