The Inter-Library Loans service is a way for current Students and Staff of MIC Limerick and MIC Thurles to obtain research material which is not held in our college libraries or the University of Limerick Library. This service is available to:
- Postgraduate students
- 3rd/4th-year undergraduates (for Final Year Project)
The Inter-Library Loans office is located on the 1st floor of the library.
- Books (and chapters from books)
- Journal articles
- Conference Proceedings
Staff No quota
Research postgraduates 20 items per academic year
Taught postgraduates 12 items per academic year
3rd & 4th-year undergraduates 3 items for FYP
- You should also check the University of Limerick catalogue – you may borrow directly from them as we have reciprocal borrowing privileges.
- To place a request you will need to complete an inter-library loan request form.
- Fill in a separate form for each item. Ensure that the book or article details are as full and accurate as possible.
- Undergraduates and postgraduates must have their request forms signed by their supervisor.
- Return the completed forms to the library.
The time taken for requests to arrive varies considerably, from a few days to several weeks. The Inter-Library Loans staff are able to supply progress reports on request.
It is not possible to guarantee delivery within a specific timeframe.
You will receive notice by email that the item has arrived and is available for collection from the Inter-Library Loans office. Most items can be borrowed but restrictions are placed on some material by the lending library, requiring it 'For Use In Library Only'.
You can keep photocopies of journal articles. Loan periods for books depend on the lending library. They can vary from one week to six weeks. The return date will be shown on a slip placed on the outside cover of the item.