The Inter-Library Loans service is a way for current Students and Staff of MIC Limerick and MIC Thurles to obtain research material which is not held in our college libraries. This service is available to:
- Postgraduate students
- 3rd/4th-year undergraduates (for Final Year Project)
- Books (and chapters from books)
- Journal articles
- Theses (subject to the policy of the lending library)
- Conference Proceedings
Staff No quota
Research postgraduates 20 items per academic year
Taught postgraduates 12 items per academic year
3rd & 4th-year undergraduates 3 items for FYP
- Check Search All and A-Z list of journals on the MIC library catalogue to ensure the item you need is not available from the library.
- Email email@example.com. Please include as much detailed information (Author, Title, ISBN, Publisher, date) as possible.
- Postgraduates and undergraduates require approval from their supervisor to apply for an inter library loan. Approval should accompany the inter library loan request.
The time taken for requests to arrive varies considerably, from a few days to several weeks. The Inter-Library Loans staff are able to supply progress reports on request.
It is not possible to guarantee delivery within a specific timeframe.
You will receive notice by email that the item has arrived and is available for collection at the main library issue desk. Most items can be borrowed. However, some lending libraries may impose a restriction of 'For Use In Library Only' on items.
You can keep photocopies of journal articles. Loan periods for books depend on the lending library. They can vary from one week to six weeks. The return date will be shown on a slip placed on the outside cover of the item.
Limerick: Phone 061-204365, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the library service desk.
Thurles: Phone 0504-20531, email: email@example.com or go to the library service desk.