Certificate in General Learning and Personal Development
The Certificate in General Learning and Personal Development (CGLPD) at Mary Immaculate College is a two-year programme for people with intellectual disabilities delivered in an inclusive third level setting. This course is devoted to the academic learning, personal growth and career development prospects of the student. The full development of each student’s potential, dignity and self-worth is embraced.
Information Evening, Tuesday 26 April
On Tuesday 26 April, Mary Immaculate College will host an in-person Information Session for those interested in the innovative Certificate in General Learning and Personal Development (CGLPD). If you think this programme may be of interest to you, a family member or service user, feel free to join us on Tuesday 26 April in T118 in the TARA Building at MIC Limerick at 7pm.
More information about who should attend and what to expect here.
Aims & Objectives
- To promote lifelong learning for individuals
- To promote inclusion in the third level environment
- To develop skills for modern society
- To develop social skills through peer interaction
- To enhance individual employability
- To develop full citizenship and self determination
- To broaden horizons for individual learners
- To fulfil the personal educational interests of individuals
Read more in the CGLPD programme flyer here.
- A belief in the capacity of individuals to self-actualise
- A respect for the contribution and value of different types of student learners
- A belief in the right of every individual to access third level education
The Certificate in General Learning and Personal Development is about re-imagining and re-thinking education and learning outcomes for students with intellectual disabilities, by providing an opportunity to study in a third-level college.
- Brothers of Charity
- Enable Ireland
- St Cronan’s Association
- St Joseph’s Foundation