Building Maintenance Office
The Building Maintenance Office was established in April 1999 with the appointment of Mr Brian Kirby as Building Maintenance Manager.
The Building Maintenance Manager is responsible for:
- Management of day-to-day maintenance, services and facilities programme throughout the College and Campus
- Management and preparation of the Buildings Office annual budget for assigned responsibilities.
- Management of ongoing preventative maintenance programmes.
- Management of all general craft workers, construction, renovations, minor works and maintenance work.
- Liaise with architects, engineers and outside maintenance contractors on behalf of the College.
- Management of Staff.
- Play a lead role in the ongoing development of the campus.
- Management of building services via computerised Building Management Systems, maintenance/Service contracts and internal services.
- Manage the setting up of different areas of examinations, graduations, seminars and conferences in addition to the various functions and ceremonies that take place in the College throughout the year.
- Assist in the setting up of various rooms, offices in removal and relocation of offices and equipment.
- Assist in Security, fire safety and health and safety.
The Building Maintenance Office is located in G40, situated on the ground floor of the Foundation Building, and is open from 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. The Building Maintenance Manager can be contacted at any time.
The Building Maintenance Office is responsible for the collection and disposal of waste generated on campus. The College's waste management strategy aims to reduce as far as possible the amount of waste going to landfill.
Onsite waste management where collection and sorting of recyclable materials has reduced landfill-destined waste by an estimated 60% forms an important part of this strategy.
This section of the Buildings Maintenance Office website will inform the campus community of energy usage and conservation measures on campus.
Energy Efficiency Report for Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland.
- Resource Management