Dr Eamonn Mitchell
Initial teacher education; school placement; reflective inquiry; philosophy of education; care in education; (auto)biographical research; visual arts in education; teacher identity; arts-based educational research, and self-study.
- Young, AM., Ní Dhuinn, M., Mitchell, E., Ó Conaill, N., and Uí Choistealbha, J., 2022. "Disorienting Dilemmas and Transformative Learning for School Placement Teacher Educators during COVID-19: Challenges and Possibilities", Journal of Education for Teaching : Special Issue - Learning from COVID-19: continuity or change in teacher education?, (accepted), DOI: 10.1080/02607476.2022.2082274
- Kenny, A, Finneran, M., and Mitchell, E., 2015. "Becoming an educator in and through the arts: Forming and informing emerging teachers' professional identity", Teaching and Teacher Education, 49, 159-167.
- Kenny, A., Mitchell, E., Ní Chróinín, D., Vaughan, E. and Murtagh, E., 2014. "‘In their shoes’: exploring a modified approach to peer observation of teaching in a university setting", Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 51(2), 218-229.
- Ní Chróinín, D., Mitchell, E., Kenny, A., Murtagh, E., and Vaughan, E., 2013. "How can pre-service primary teachers’ perspectives contribute to a pedagogy that problematises the ‘practical’ in teacher education?", Irish Educational Studies, 32(2), 251-267.
- Young, AM, Ní Dhuinn, M., Mitchell, E., Ó Conaill, N., and Uí Choistealbha, J., 2022. "The COVID-19 practicum experience in Initial Teacher Education: A new means to an end", ATEE Spring Conference. Teacher Education and Practice: Foresight and Hindsight, Marino, Dublin, May 25-27.
- Mitchell, E., 2022. "Reflections on Caring: Between Policy and New-Managerialism in the Potentiality of Caring in Initial Teacher Education (ITE) in Ireland", TEPE Annual Conference, Graz, Austria, April 11-13.
- Mitchell, E., 2020. "Revaluing Caring: Reflections on Noddings’ Caring Ethic in Contemporary Irish Initial Teacher Education", AERA Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA, USA, April 16-21 (moved online due to Covid19).
- Mitchell, E., 2019. "Care Values, Noddings and Reflective Inquiry in an Era of Market-led Educational Change: Vignettes from ITE", ESAI Annual Conference, Sligo, April 13.
- Mitchell, E., 2015. "Scratching Beneath the Surface: Exposing and Redefining my Role(s) as Teacher Educator", IRMSS, MIC, Limerick, June 7.
- Mitchell, E., 2015. "Arts Educators’ Beginnings: Necessitating Academic Engagement with the Arts in Student Teacher Identity Formation", AERA Annual Conference, Chicago, Il., USA, April 16-20.
- Mitchell, E., Ní Chróinín, D., Kenny, A., Murtagh, E. and Vaughan, E., 2011. "Practical partnership in learning: weaving teacher intention and student experience in Initial Teacher Education", ITE Conference, St. Patrick’s College, Drumcondra, Dublin, July 2011
- Mitchell, E., Ní Chróinín, D., Kenny, A., Murtagh, E. and Vaughan, E., 2011. "Closing the ‘gap’: exploring the alignment between teacher intention and student experience", ESAI Annual Conference, Church of Ireland College of Education, Dublin, April14-16.
- Mitchell, E., 2010. "Intersecting boundaries: an exploration of self, group and culture in visual arts education. Borders, Boundaries and Identities: Education in Challenging Times", ESAI Annual Conference, Crown Plaza Hotel, Dundalk, Co. Louth, March 25-27.
- Mitchell, E., 2009. "A/r/tographic contextual understanding: tuning in to visual art education through a self-study inquiry of the artist/researcher/teacher", Intune - Shannon Consortium Postgraduate Conference, MIC, Limerick, May 19.
- Mitchell, E., 2009. "A/r/tographic living inquiry: a creative approach to engaging research in education for the artist/researcher/teacher", IPDA 2nd Annual Conference, St. Patrick’s College, Drumcondra, Dublin, March 21.
- Mitchell, E., 2008. "A visual journey: gaining understanding during a reflective and reflexive inquiry", IPDA inaugural Annual conference: Professional Development in a Digital Age, St. Patrick’s College, Drumcondra, Dublin, April 26.
- MIC, 2021. "Institutional Report for School Placement: Innovation Report to the Teaching Council", co-authored by Ó Conaill. N., Mitchell, E., and Ring, E., 2/7/2021
- Mitchell, E., 2019. "How do I remain caring?: A reflective inquiry by an initial teacher educator in Irish higher education", QUB EdD Thesis, QUB, Northern Ireland.
- Mitchell, E., 2007. "Nine moments of clarity: A living inquiry into visual arts education’s philosophies and practices", MIC M.Ed. Thesis, MIC, Limerick.