Dr Derek Kitson
Operator theory; discrete geometry; combinatorics
- G. Badri, D. Kitson, S. C. Power. Crystal flex bases and the RUM spectrum. Proceedings of the Edinburgh Mathematical Society. To appear.
- S. Dewar, D. Kitson, A. Nixon. Which graphs are rigid in lpd? Journal of Global Optimization. To appear.
- E. Kastis, D. Kitson, J. McCarthy. Symbol functions for symmetric frameworks. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 497 (2021), no. 2, 124895.
- D. Kitson, A. Nixon, B. Schulze. Rigidity of symmetric frameworks in normed spaces. Linear Algebra and Its Applications 607 (2020), 231-285.
- D. Kitson, R. H. Levene. Graph rigidity for unitarily invariant matrix norms. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 491 (2020), no. 2, 124353.
- K. Clinch, D. Kitson. Constructing isostatic frameworks for the l1 and l∞-plane. Electronic Journal of Combinatorics 27 (2020), no. 2, #P2.49.
- E. Kastis, D. Kitson, S. C. Power. Coboundary operators for infinite frameworks. Mathematical Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy, 119A (2019), no. 2, 93–110.
- J. Cruickshank, D. Kitson, S. C. Power. The generic rigidity of a partially triangulated torus. Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society 118 (2019), no. 5, 1277–1304.
- D. Kitson, S. C. Power. The rigidity of infinite graphs. Discrete and Computational Geometry 60 (2018), no. 3, 531–557.
- D. Kitson and B. Schulze. Motions of grid-like reflection frameworks. Journal of Symbolic Computation 88 (2018), 47–66.
- D. Kitson. Rigidity with polyhedral norms. Handbook of geometric constraint systems principles, 525–541, Discrete Math. Appl. (Boca Raton), CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2018.
- J. Cruickshank, D. Kitson, S. C. Power. The generic rigidity of triangulated spheres with blocks and holes. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B., (2017), no. 122, 550–577.
- D. Kitson and B. Schulze. Symmetric isostatic frameworks with l1 or l-infinity distance constraints. Electronic Journal of Combinatorics (2016), P4.23.
- D. Kitson. Finite and infinitesimal rigidity with polyhedral norms. Discrete and Computational Geometry 54 (2015), no. 2, 390–411.
- D. Kitson and B. Schulze. Maxwell-Laman counts for bar-joint frameworks in normed spaces. Linear Algebra and its Applications 481 (2015), 313–329.
- D. Kitson and S. C. Power. Infinitesimal rigidity for non-Euclidean bar-joint frameworks. Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society 46 (2014), no. 4, 685–697.
- G. Badri, D. Kitson, S. C. Power. The almost periodic rigidity of crystallographic bar-joint frameworks. Symmetry 6 (2014), no. 2, 308–328.
- D. Kitson. The Taylor-Browder spectrum on prime C*-algebras. Integral Equations and Operator Theory 72 (2012), no. 3, 403–418.
- D. Kitson and R. M. Timoney. Operator ranges and spaceability. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 378 (2011), 680-686.
- D. Kitson. The Browder spectrum of an elementary operator. Elementary operators and their applications, 17–24, Operator Theory Advances and Applications, 212, Birkhauser/Springer Basel AG, Basel, 2011.
- R. E. Harte, C. Hernandez, D. Kitson. Weyl’s theorem and tensor products: A counterexample. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 378 (2011), 128–132.
- R. E. Harte, D. Kitson. On Browder tuples. Acta Sci. Math. (Szeged) 75 (2009), 665–677.
- D. Kitson. Ascent and descent for sets of operators. Studia Mathematica 191 (2009), no. 2, 151–161.
- IWOTA Lancaster 2020, EPSRC Standard Grant
- An operator-theoretic approach to graph rigidity, EPSRC New Investigator Award
- Infinite bond-node frameworks, EPSRC Standard Grant
- Geometry of auxetic materials, EPSRC Vacation Internship
- Workshop on bond-node structures, Institute for Mathematics and its Applications Small Grant Scheme
- Workshop on Geometric Rigidity, London Mathematical Society Conference Grants Scheme
- New approaches in the spectral theory of linear operators, Royal Irish Academy Mobility Grant Scheme
- Dr Sean Dewar, Lancaster University 2015-19. Sean completed his PhD thesis on The rigidity of countable frameworks in normed spaces. He currently holds postdoctoral positions at the Johann Radon Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics (RICAM) in Linz and the Fields Institute in Toronto.
Enquiries regarding postgraduate study in mathematics are very welcome.
- Lancaster University, International Workshop on Operator Theory and its Applications. (Online). 19 August 2021
- Fields Institute, Toronto, Workshop on progress and open problems in rigidity theory. (Online). 23 February 2021
- Washington University in St Louis, Departmental Colloquium. 19 September 2019
- University of Bern, SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry. 11 July 2019
- Lancaster University, Geometric Constraint Systems: Rigidity, flexibility and applications. 14 June 2019
- Trinity College Dublin, Analysis, Geometry and Algebra. 8 May 2019
- Leeds University, Young Functional Analysts’ Workshop. 4 April 2019
- King’s College London, Analysis Seminar. 31 May 2018
- TU Chemnitz, International Workshop on Operator Theory and its Applications. 17 August 2017
- Lancaster University, Bond-node structures: Rigidity, combinatorics and materials science. 9 June 2017
- University College Cork, Applied Mathematics Seminar. 16 February 2017
- Newcastle University, Analysis Seminar. 7 February 2017
- International Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Edinburgh, Workshop on Geometric Rigidity Theory and Applications. 2 June 2016
- Trinity College Dublin, Irish Mathematical Society Annual Meeting. 16 April 2016
- Queen’s University Belfast, Pure Mathematics Colloquium. 13 November 2015
- Banff International Research Station, Advances in Combinatorial and Geometric Rigidity Theory. 14 July 2015
- University College Dublin, Lectures on Geometric Rigidity. 18-19 June 2015
- Lancaster University, Workshop on Geometric Rigidity. 11 June 2015
- Trinity College Dublin, Analysis Seminar. 24 February 2015
- Leeds University, Quantum groups, operators and non-commutative probability. 8 January 2015
- Fields Institute, Toronto, Workshop on Making Models. 5 August 2014
- Lancaster University, Geometric Rigidity Workshop. 5 June 2014
- NUI Galway, Irish Geometry Conference. 7 May 2014
- Warsaw Center of Mathematics and Computer Science, Quantum groups, operators and non-commutative probability. 10 July 2013
- University of Glasgow, Analysis Seminar. 14 May 2013
- Bristol University. Geometric and Topological Graph Theory workshop. 18 April 2013
- Oxford University, Functional Analysis Seminar. 26 February 2013
- Leeds University, Yorkshire Functional Analysis Group seminar. 16 October 2012
- King’s College London, Analysis Seminar. 14 June 2012
- Universidad de Sevilla. International Workshop on Operator Theory and its Applications. 5 July 2011
- Newcastle University, Analysis Seminar. 5 May 2011
- Jagiellonian University, Krakow. Functions and Operators conference. 22 June 2010
- Queen’s University Belfast, Pure Mathematics Colloquium. 23 October 2009
- Fields Institute, Toronto. Multivariate Operator Theory Workshop. 12 August 2009
- University of Glasgow, Analysis Seminar. 2 June 2009
- Queen’s University Belfast. Workshop on Elementary Operators. 16 April 2009
- Dublin City University, School of Mathematical Sciences Seminar. 5 March 2009
- College of William and Mary, Williamsburg. International Workshop on Operator Theory and its Applications. 25 July 2008
- University of Aberdeen, Irish-Scottish Operator Algebra Seminar. 11 July 2008
- Queen’s University Belfast. Belfast Functional Analysis Day. 1 December 2007
- Universite Laval, Quebec City. Banach Algebras conference. 11 July 2007