Collections - E-Books
Search the Library Catalogue for E-Books. The catalogue contains nearly 1000 E-Books.
- Copy and Printing from E-Books on Library Catalogue
MIC Library has access to a growing number of ebook titles. The most useful of these, including a growing number of titles from the 4 hour loan collection, are available through the library catalogue.
- Search the library catalogue just like you would for printed books
- Ebooks have separate catalogue records from printed books so if we hold both you will see two separate records
- Click on the record with “ebook” to access the electronic copy
- Click on “Connect to ebook”
- Accept the terms and conditions of use
- You can read the book online or download it for a period of one day.
- You can copy or print up to 5% of a downloaded title
- You will need to create and login to an account to copy or print – follow the screen instructions
- When the day is up you can download the book again for a further period if you still need it.
Below are links to our other major subscription collections which may not yet be included in the library catalogue.
The providers of these ebook collections usually have search/browse facilities for their own ebook content. You may come across unsubscribed content as we do not necessarily subscribe to all the titles on offer. When you use these search/browse facilities you can usually restrict your search to material available to MIC library.
ACLS Humanities E-Book - books from over 60 US publishers
Early English Books online (EEBO) - contains over 125,000 titles listed in Pollard and Redgrave's Short-Title Catalogue (1475-1640), Wing's Short-Title Catalogue (1641-1700), the Thomason Tracts (1640-1661), and the Early English Tract Supplement.
OECD iLibrary - The complete publications of the OECD
Encyclopédie, ou Dictionnaire Raisonné des Sciences, des Arts et des Métiers (The ARTFL Project)
Oxford Art Online (Grove Art Online)
Oxford Dictionary of National Biography Online
Oxford English Dictionary Online
Oxford Reference Online
Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Bookboon.com: Free online textbooks for students. Covers topics such as economics, statistics, IT, engineering and natural science.
Corpus of Electronic Text – CELT: The online resource for Irish History, Literature and Politics
Google Book Search: Google has joined forces with a number of libraries and publishers to provide free access to books, if you don’t get the entire book, you might get to see a sample chapter or the table of contents.
The Online Books Page: Features links to over 30,000 free books on the web
Project Gutenberg: The Internet's oldest producer of free ebooks. Most of the items in the collection are the full-text of public domain books.
Universal Digital Library: Free digitized collection of over 1 million books and other material