M Ed in Educational Leadership and Management
The flexible, part-time Master of Education in Educational Leadership and Management (M Ed ELM) extends Mary Immaculate College’s strong commitment to the principle of professional development in the education system. The programme supports those interested in and/or involved with leadership and management in a multitude of educational contexts in gaining new skills and knowledge to excel.
The M Ed ELM aims to develop participants’ knowledge, skills, beliefs, values and professional practices in ways that support:
- The development of reflective professionals who can lead and manage with confidence, vision and courage
- The continuing development of reflective professionals who promote and maintain a strong commitment to ethical leadership
- The development of reflective professionals in the area of educational leadership and management who will respond confidently to change and diversity in Irish society in the twenty-first century
- The development of reflective professionals who can respond confidently to change in Irish educational policy in the twenty-first century
- The continuing development of professionals who are committed to caring, considered and effective management of an educational setting
- The development of professionals who value, contribute to and promote research in the area of educational leadership and management.
This programme is delivered over four semesters on a flexible part-time basis (comprising evenings and some weekends over two or three years).
Assessment for this programme is by coursework and dissertation.
Students who accrue 60 credits can exit the programme with a Graduate Diploma in Leadership and Management in Education.