Improve Your English (General)
'Improve your English' is designed for students who wish to improve their general English language skills and programmes can be customised to suit particular audiences.
- Integrated English language skills
- General Business English
- English for Special Purposes
- World English, including American and Irish English
Students who complete this course will:
- Reach their identified English language skill level
- Develop effective listening and interpretation skills necessary for successful participation in English language environments
- Acquire confidence in English language proficiency thereby maximising the benefit of experience in an English language environment
- Develop effective English writing skills
- Successfully apply English language skills in a business, general or academic environment
Assessment will be a combination of:
- Continuous assessment throughout the programme including written assignments, online language tests, discussion fora, wikis, group projects and presentations
- Final end-of-semester written examinations
- Satisfactory class attendance
Entry Requirements & Details
Prospective students with International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of 4.0 or lower will be accepted with an achievable IELTS outcome agreed upon dependent on starting level.
- Minimum IELTS Starting Level: 4.0
- Minimum IELTS Finishing Level: 5.5*
- Duration: 25 weeks
- Hours per week: 18
* Relative to starting level.