We are delighted to confirm that after an absence last year our Autumn Conferring Ceremonies will make a welcome return this October.
These ceremonies will be a scaled-down version on previous years but following consultation with MISU and engagement with students, it was agreed that social distanced on-campus ceremonies, with limited capacity to graduands only, was a much-preferred option to a virtual or online ceremony similar to last year’s ceremonies.
Detailed schedules available here.
- Thursday 21 October @ 2pm: Graduands from the Faculty of Arts
- Friday 22 October @ 11am: B Ed graduands
- Friday 22 October @ 3pm: All other Faculty of Education graduands/candidates
In addition there will be will be a separate ceremony held on Thursday 21 October at 6pm in the Lime Tree Theatre for all 2021 PhD candidates and Master of Arts in the Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Education (Research and Thesis).
The LINC Conferring ceremony, is rescheduled to take place on Saturday 20 November in the Lime Tree Theatre. Further details to follow on this closer to the time.
As I am sure you can appreciate we are still in uncertain times and as such these in-person ceremonies are being planned for with regard to the prevailing Government and public health guidelines. Close on 1,500 graduands will be invited to attend the ceremonies over the two days in October. That being the case we will have a number of safety measures in place to protect all attending including the following:
- All ceremonies will adhere to social distancing measures with reduced capacity
- Invites to ceremonies taking place in Tailteann will be restricted to graduands only; unfortunately no families or guests will be permitted to attend the ceremonies or come on campus
- Academic procession will be reduced to accommodate the number of graduates attending
- Ceremony duration to be limited to 90 minutes
- All ceremonies taking place in Tailteann will be live-streamed so that families, friends and staff may view
- All attendees will be required to wear masks throughout the ceremonies once inside the venue
- Due to the tight turnaround times between ceremonies, allowing for deep cleaning to take place, we will not be providing refreshments this year
- Lafayette Photography will be offering a photo service to graduands on campus via appointment only.
This page will be updated over the next few days with all the necessary information you will need on attending your graduation such as: how to register for your graduation, how to book your gown in advance and how to make an appointment with the photographer.
Graduation Schedule 2021
- Graduation 2021
- Graduation Schedule 2021