Buildings & Estates
The Building Maintenance Office was established in April 1999. Since then, MIC has expanded its Limerick campus significantly and also its geographical footprint with the incorporation of a second campus in Thurles, Co. Tipperary. The first Director of Estates & Sustainability was appointed in 2020.
The Director of Estates is responsible for:
- Management of day-to-day maintenance, services and facilities programme throughout the College and Campus
- Management and preparation of the Buildings Office annual budget for assigned responsibilities.
- Management of ongoing preventative maintenance programmes.
- Management of all general craft workers, construction, renovations, minor works and maintenance work.
- Liaising with architects, engineers and outside maintenance contractors on behalf of the College.
- Management of Staff.
- Playing a lead role in the ongoing development of the campus.
- Management of building services via computerised Building Management Systems, maintenance/Service contracts and internal services.
- Managing the setting up of different areas of examinations, graduations, seminars and conferences in addition to the various functions and ceremonies that take place in the College throughout the year.
- Assisting in the setting up of various rooms, offices in removal and relocation of offices and equipment.
- Assisting in Security, fire safety and health and safety.
The Building Maintenance Office is located in G40, situated on the ground floor of the Foundation Building, and is open from 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
The Building Maintenance Office is responsible for the collection and disposal of waste generated on campus. The College's waste management strategy aims to reduce as far as possible the amount of waste going to landfill.
Onsite waste management where collection and sorting of recyclable materials has reduced landfill-destined waste by an estimated 60% forms an important part of this strategy.
This section of the Buildings Maintenance Office website will inform the campus community of energy usage and conservation measures on campus.
Energy Efficiency Report for Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland.
Recent Buildings Works
Content coming soon.
- Resource Management
- Recent Buildings Works