Assessment is a core element of teaching for both educators and students and is recognised as a key driver of student learning. The resources on this page are designed to support excellence in assessment practice in Higher Education.
There are a number of key principles underpinning assessment and feedback practices at MIC, as guided by MIC's Assessment & Feedback policy.
- Assessment should be accessible, fair and transparent
- Assessment should be valid, reliable and consistent
- Assessment should be guided by a programme-level/departmental approach
- Feedback/feed-forward is an integral part of assessment and learning
- Good practice in assessment and feedback should be supported
Assessment Design for Online/Blended Learning
LEAD have compiled a comprehensive resource to support assessment design for online and blended learning environments.
- A-Z of Assessment (University of Reading)
- Enhancing Programme Approaches to Assessment & Feedback (National Forum)
- Feedback for Learning - Closing the Assessment Loop (Australian Department of Education)
- Practitioners Guide to Choosing Assessment Methods (Geraldine O'Neill)
- Assessment and feedback table (Phil Race)
For assessment design information and support, contact LEAD by email: LEAD@mic.ul.ie.