Registration for Annual Repeats 2023
Annual Repeats Registration is now closed.
Annual repeat examinations for formal sit down exams will take place from Monday 21 to Friday 25 August 2023.
Online repeat registration is open to the following categories of students:
- Students with deficient grades (i.e. D1, D2, F, NG)
- Students with I-Grades
- Students with deficient QCA (QCA lower than 2.00)
- A maximum of 4 modules can be repeated if you have completed 2 academic semesters in the year.
- A maximum of 2 modules can be repeated if you have completed 1 academic semester in the year.
- I-Grades are not counted in the maximum number of modules a student is allowed to repeat.
- All modules except I-Grades are capped at grade C3.
- Students with I grades must register in the same way as those with deficient grades .
- There is a registration fee payable for repeating modules (€172 per module) but no repeat fee in respect of I-Grades.
- Only grades lower than C3 may be repeated (i.e. D1, D2, F, NG).
- Voluntary repeats are optional; progressing First Year, Second Year and Third Year students with a D1 or D2 grade and who have a QCA of 2.00 or greater may choose to repeat a module to try and upgrade to a pass grade (C3).
- Final Year Students may only repeat a D grade if they already have a deficient grade (F or NG) or (I grade) in either the Autumn or Spring Semester.
- If you are required to repeat your Undergraduate Dissertation please note that this equates to two modules. Please ensure that you register for both modules.
Completing this Form
- Please fill in all the fields required, including your student email address (not personal email address). Characters aside from letters and numbers in any field may cause an error i.e. punctuation marks.
- There are two sections; one for standard module repeats and one for placement module repeats.
- Select each module you want to repeat by putting in the module code, together with the grade already achieved and the Registration Type (Fail, I-Grade or Voluntary Repeat).
- Before selecting your repeat registration, please refer to your transcript. It is your responsibility to ensure you complete this process accurately.
- When you have entered all the relevant information, double-check it before scrolling to the bottom of the form. There is a registration fee payable for repeating all modules except I-Grades. The total fee to be charged (if applicable) will be calculated at the end.
- If you have to make a payment, enter your credit/debit card information if redirected. Click 'Pay Now' to complete registration. If you are not liable for payment, click 'Register' to complete registration.
- Complete the reCAPTCHA task set and/or tick the reCAPTCHA box [this is a security measure].
- Repeat fees are non-refundable so please ensure you enter the correct information when filling out the form.
- If your registration is successful, you will receive a message and a payment reference ID on-screen. Please note down this number for your records. You will also receive a confirmation of your repeats summary to your student email account. Please check that the summary is correct.
- If your payment is unsuccessful, you will receive an error message on-screen. This can occur for several reasons, most commonly: One or more fields for 'Payment Details' or in the 'Card Details' pop-up have not been filled in or have incorrect information in them i.e. a digit is wrong in a number of code, the name on the card does not match the field/The reCAPTCHA task has not been completed and/or the reCAPTCHA box has not been ticked/There are insufficient funds in the account linked to the card/The user has not completed 2-step verification required by the bank.
- If you have paid/registered and you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours, email: AnnualRepeats@mic.ul.ie.
Important Note: MIC does not store any credit card details. Payments are processed through Stripe.
If you have difficulty completing this online process, contact Webmaster@mic.ul.ie.