Appeal applications for the Autumn Semester are open for submissions from 4pm, Friday 3 February until 4pm, 17 February 2023. Appeal applications must be submitted within two weeks of the publication of the grade recheck result.
Appeals fee: €50 per module. For School Placement appeals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees are refundable only if the grade is changed as a result of the appeal.
**You are advised to use a desktop or laptop computer rather than a mobile device to complete the form below, and preferably a browser such as Google Chrome.**
Please note that grades can be lowered by an appeal, so be sure you really believe the grade awarded is incorrect before applying.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of a grade recheck, you may appeal the matter to the Head of Department (HoD) responsible for the module. The appeal must be made within two weeks of the publication of the grade recheck result.
Please submit the form below and you will be notified via your MIC student email once the grade appeal decision has been finalised by the relevant faculty member.
Completing this Form
- It is recommended that for best functionality this form is completed on a computer based web browser, such as Google Chrome.
- Please fill in all the fields required, including your student email address (not personal email address). Characters aside from letters and numbers in payment fields may cause an error i.e. punctuation marks.
- When you have entered all the relevant information, double-check it before scrolling to the bottom of the form. The total fee to be charged will be calculated at the end.
- If prompted, complete the reCAPTCHA task set and/or tick the reCAPTCHA box [this is a security measure].
- Fees are non-refundable unless the grade is changed as a result of the appeal.
- Reasons why you are dissatisfied with the grade awarded MUST be completed before submitting.
- If your registration is successful, you will receive a message on-screen and a confirmation email to your student email account. Please check that the summary is correct.
- If your registration is unsuccessful, you will receive an error message on-screen. This can occur for several reasons, most commonly: One or more fields for 'Card Details' have not been filled in or have incorrect information in them i.e. a digit is wrong, the name on the card does not match the field/The reCAPTCHA task has not been completed and/or the reCAPTCHA box has not been ticked/There are insufficient funds in the account linked to the card.
- If you have paid, you will receive a payment confirmation and reference number on screen. If you do not receive confirmation within 24 hours your application attempt may not have been successful, so please email Deirdre.ORiordan@mic.ul.ie to confirm receipt of payment.
Important Note: MIC does not store any credit card details. Payments are processed through Stripe.
If you have difficulty completing this online process, contact Webmaster@mic.ul.ie.
If you wish to appeal a Placement module, please contact email@example.com for an appeal form.
Closing date for appeal applications is 4pm Friday 17 February 2023.