Vacancy at Irish Forum for Global Health
Closing date: 25 January 2013
The Communications Coordinator will provide broad support for the Irish Forum for Global Health (IFGH) communications and assist with specific communications for the ESTHER Programme.
The IFGH is an independent network of people who are concerned with issues that impact on the health and development of populations at a global level, but with a particular commitment to populations in low income countries.
The European ESTHER Alliance is a network of Governments working in synergy to tackle HIV/AIDS and major diseases (MDG 6) and improve women, newborn and children’s health (MDG 4 & 5). Ireland joined the ESTHER Alliance in 2011.
The Communications Coordinator will focus on the following areas of work:
1. Broad support for IFGH communications
- Work to further develop IFGH website as a unique and widely used web-‐resource on global health, used by professionals in Ireland, Europe and partner countries in the South. Some of the areas of focus include:
- Widely promoting IFGH website
- Producing a monthly communication report
- Making systematic web connections with relevant global health-‐related institutions and organisationsin Europe and in the South
- Extensively populating IFGH website with relevant RSS feeds
- Further development of IFGH Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages
- Work with web programmer to plan further development of IFGH website according to IFGHworkplan
- Assist with website transfer to WordPress
- Work to produce bi-‐monthly newsletter.
- Maintain at least 3 eForum postings and regular Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin posts weekly
- Continue to increase membership of IFGH by reaching out to individuals and organisations in Ireland and in partner countries.
- Provide support to Student Outreach Group (SOG) Chair as needed.
- Maintain IFGH Membership Directory.
2. ESTHER Programme Communications - Provide communication support as part of ESTHER Secretariat
- Develop materials for ESTHER website and maintain Ireland pages on the site.
- Develop materials for ESTHER for IFGH, HSE and Irish Aid websites.
- Manage communications with ESTHER institutions and others involved with institutional partnerships.
- Produce information resources for ESTHER Programme.
3. Events support
- Provide appropriate support and follow up relating to IFGH events, including public meetings, conferences, workshops and training events.
- Provide support to ESTHER meetings, workshops, training events, etc.
4. Skills required
- Good understanding, confidence and interest in new web technologies. The IFGH website has been designed using up-to‐date technologies which require good understanding of Web 2.0 and of applications such as Diigo, Flickr, Twitter and Facebook as well as Google reader, Google analytics etc.
- Good understanding of global health issues.
- Evidence of policy/advocacy skills and interest.
- Excellent computer skills (ability to use advanced features of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be pro-active and be able to work effectively alone.
Salary level: 26,000 -‐ 30,000 Euro p/a depending on experience (pro‐rata 16 hours a week)
Closing date: 25 January 2013. Interviews will be held week of 28 January.
Only short‐listed candidates will be contacted. To apply, please send your CV and a one page letter describing why you are applying for this particular job to email@example.com