This unique new MA is offered by the following MIC departments: Philosophy, History, German Studies, Theology and Religious Studies, and English Language and Literature.
It should appeal to those wishing to develop postgraduate expertise in interdisciplinary work in the humanities.
The objectives of the programme are:
• To foster critical engagement with fundamental questions concerning the nature of the humanities in the contemporary world.
• To enable work across disciplines in the humanities.
• To study a range of ideas, texts, methodologies, research techniques, appropriate to advanced study in the humanities.
• To develop a sense of critical thinking in all areas and to facilitate critical engagement with contemporary issues and problems.
The programme consists of six taught modules (FOUR core plus TWO electives), and a 20,000 word Dissertation.
The core modules are: Research Methodology, European Modernism, The Making of the Modern World, and Questions of European Identity in the Nineteenth Century. The electives are selected from a wide range of interdisciplinary and single-discipline subjects from the contributing academic departments.
The programme can be studied fulltime over one year or part-time over two years.
Fees (EU and non-EU)
For more information about fees for this programme, please go to the postgraduate fees 2016-17 page – click here
How to Apply
- Download and complete the application form - click here
- The application form must also include your university transcripts.
- In the case of non-native English speakers, a copy of IETLS is also required, or equivalent.
- Return the application form plus application fee* by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
- Admissions Office, Mary Immaculate College, South Circular Road, Limerick, Ireland
- Telephone: +353 61 204348/204929
- *Application Fee (non-refundable):
- EU Students: €33
- Non-EU Students: €55
- Please print off the PayPal confirmation receipt or number and attach to your application as failure to do so will render your application invalid.
- For further information about the course, please contact: