External Readers & Visitors: Admission to the MIC Limerick Campus Library
Who can apply?
- Members of the public requiring access for research purposes, or with genuine scholarly needs, can apply to use the Library as an External Reader.
What services are available?
- An External Reader has access to the Library for reference (that is consulting resources in the Library) but not for borrowing.
- As the Library's primary purpose is to serve the needs of registered staff and students, the interests of External Readers should not conflict with the needs of registered staff or students.
- Some Library materials that are in high demand from students on taught courses are not available to External Readers.
- Please note that under the terms of our user licences with publishers, some electronic resources are not available to External Readers.
- Electronic resources may only be used for private study and research and not for commercial gain.
How to apply
- Please print off and complete the External Reader application form and return it to The Librarian, Mary Immaculate College, Library, South Circular Road, Limerick.
- You will be informed by post of the outcome of your application.
- Applications take one week to process.
- Please note that membership may be withdrawn at the discretion of the Librarian.