EndNote is a bibliographic management tool. It allows you to create your own database of references which you can then search, edit and format automatically in different output styles for bibliographies. The database you create in EndNote is known as a library.
EndNote allows you to import references saved from database searches to your EndNote library.
Endnote can also be used to connect directly to Library Catalogues including the MIC catalogue.
EndNote has a feature called “Cite while you Write” which allows you to insert references from your EndNote library directly into a Word document and automatically create a bibliography at the end of the document.
Installing EndNote X8
MIC has a site licence for EndNote and all staff and students are permitted to install a copy of the software on college-owned machines.To downloading EndNote X7 (this can only be done on campus).
1. Click on this link \\lecturenotes\Endnote8 to begin downloading
2. A window will open with files. Click on the file called ENX7Inst
3. The EndNote Installer will open (it may take a minute to load)
4. At the welcome screen select Next
5. Accept the license, click Next, accept the license agreement and select Next
6. At the Select Installation Type window choose Custom Installation and select Next
7. Select Next at the Destination window
8. Under Select Features click on the arrow to the left of Additional Connection Files, Additional Filters and Additional Styles and choose Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive, then choose Next
9. Click Next and Next to Install
If you have any problems with the installation, or if you get a message saying that you don’t have permission to access the folder, please contact the Users Services Librarian at 061-204369
To purchase a personal copy for your PC, MAC or laptop go to Bilaney Consultants
You will need to log in with your username and password.
Any member of MIC can sign up for an EndNote web account. Once you have set up an account you will have accessed from any location both on and off campus.
- Limerick - Contact the Users Services Librarian at 061-204369
- Thurles - Contact the Thurles Campus Librarian at 0504-20531
- EndNote website - this website is very good for further information, including Output Styles and Connections to various library catalogues.
- Endnote training videos