ALCID (Academic Libraries Cooperating in Ireland)
ALCID is a scheme that enables full-time academics, academic-related staff and registered students reading for post-graduate degrees (Doctoral and Masters by research or taught) have access to the stock of participating libraries. It is not available to undergraduates or students studying for a postgraduate diploma.
ALCID cards DO NOT provide borrowing rights in other institutions.
Applying for an ALCID card
An application form is available from the main Library Service Desk or download the Application form, print it out and fill it in.
Your MIC ID card is required when making an application.ALCID Cards cannot be posted out as they must be signed in person.
- To obtain your ALCID card please apply to the Mary Immaculate College Library Service Desk.
The card is available for one academic year or until your course or contract ends if earlier. The card can be reapplied for annually.
The following institutions participate in this scheme:
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute of Advanced Studies
- Dublin Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College , Limerick
- Mater Dei Institute
- National College of Art and Design (NCAD)
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Royal Irish Academy
- Saint Angela's College, Sligo
- Saint Patrick's College, Drumcondra, Dublin Trinity College Dublin
- University College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University of Limerick
- University of Ulster
You will also be asked to show your Mary Immaculate College ID card when visiting another member library. Before visiting a library, it is advisable to check the library website for opening hours and other local conditions.