Text Size
A-Z Index Search
Skip navigation links
Study @ MIC
St. Patrick’s Campus Thurles
Faculties & Departments
Research & Grad School
International Students

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a visa to study in Ireland?

Citizens of certain countries require an entry visa for IrFeesOffice.aspxeland. Please check with the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Services (INIS) if a visa is required.

What is the cost of living in Limerick?

There will be many factors determining a student's personal expenditure while studying at Mary Immaculate College. Click here for an outline of expected costs.

How do I find accommodation?

Inexpensive accommodation located close to Mary Immaculate College is generally easy to find, with various options available: campus accommodation; off-campus accommodation; private rental and house sharing.  Click here for more information on finding accommodation in Limerick City.

How do I transfer my academic credits?

When transferring to Mary Immaculate College to undertake an undergraduate or postgraduate programme, consideration is given to transferring relevant academic credits during the application process.

Please review our academic programme for information on equivalent credit transfer in the USA and Europe.

What are the tuition fees?

All tuition fees are detailed here.

Are scholarships available?

Mary Immaculate College does not have international scholarships available.

Irish Aid, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, offers scholarships to postgraduate students in certain partner countries through its Fellowship Training Programme.  Visit the Irish Council for International Students for details on how to apply for this programme.

Many governments offer scholarships for international study; please check with your government's department of education.

Can I work in Ireland? 

Students attending a full-time course for one year are entitled to work part-time, up to 20 hours per week, during academic terms, and full-time, up to 40 hours per week, during college holidays.  Please click here for more information.

Do I need health insurance?

Students on a temporary stay in Ireland are entitled to public healthcare that may become necessary during their stay in Ireland on production of a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or equivalent.

Students from countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) should obtain private health insurance before coming to Ireland. This can be done easily online here, and costs €120 for 12 months.

What do I need to bring?

When packing for your time in Ireland, make sure you bring clothing to suit all types of weather! 

Please click here for a list of essential documents.

When does international orientation take place?

International orientation takes place during the week prior to the commencement of each semester.  Click here for an overview of the academic calendar.




Mary Immaculate College, South Circular Road, Limerick, Tel:+35361 204300  V94VN26

This website uses cookies, by continuing you agree to their use.
Learn more about cookies and how to manage them.