Welcome to the Access & Disability Office
Access/Disability Support Service is dedicated to providing a professional and supportive service for students in a welcoming environment.
We are committed to widening participation and achieving equity of access to higher education for students from under-represented groups in third level, including socio-economically disadvantaged students, students with a disability, students from minority backgrounds and mature students.
The following supports are offered by the Access/Disability Office. Other services and supports will be considered on an individual basis
- Daily drop in support: information, advice and advocacy assistance, liaising with the academic and administrative departments in addition to other student support services.
- Financial assistance: Information on the Student Assistance Fund and other sources of financial assistance.
- Needs Assessments for Students with Disabilities: To determine the supports that need to be put in place to allow you fully participate in your academic programme and reach your academic potential, it is recommended that Students with Disabilities register with the Access Services. In order to register, students are required to complete a Registration form and provide evidence of their disability form the appropriate consultant.
- Alternative Arrangements for Exams: In addition to making alternative arrangement's for students registered with the Disability Support Services, the Access office also puts in place arrangements for students who require alternative arrangements on a temporary basis. A request for temporary alternative exam arrangements must be made to the Access Officer at least two weeks prior to the commencement of exams. Please note all requests will need to be supported by the relevant supporting documentation.
- Pre-Entry: Advice and information on Access routed for prospective students. Students are encouraged to contact the Access/Disability Officer prior to entry to become familiar with the supports available.