FOR MIC STUDENTS ONLY - Manual settings required for eduroam
To use the service means that you have to configure your wireless software as below:
- Download and install the CA certificate - TERENA_SSL_CA.zip
- SSL Certificate name: micstudent-dc1.micstudent.mic.ul.ie
- Network/SSID: eduroam
- Network Authentication Method: WPA2 (also sometimes called WPA2-PEAP, WPA2-RADIUS, or WPA2-Enterprise)
- Data Encryption Method: AES
- EAP Type: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Authentication Protocol: MSCHAP-V2
- Ensure that you have the 'automatically use my windows logo name and password box' un-selected.
- When connecting you will be asked for a username and password - enter your MIC student username (1234567) followed by @micstudent.mic.ul.ie and then your normal logon password.
These instructions are generic and specific settings may differ from one device/wireless client to another.
For reference, there are manual instructions here for a number of mobile devices/platforms, which might be of use: userdocs.php