Human Resources Office- An Oifig Pearsanra
Role of the Human Resources Function
The overall aim of the Human Resources Office in Mary Immaculate College is to actively and positively contribute to the overall strategy, mission, goals and ojbectives of the College.
Human Resources is concerned with all matters of employement in a complex and diverse setting. The role of the Human Resources function in MIC includes the provision of a support service to all Staff Members, the delivery of effective and timely advice and guidance in all matters concerning the employment of staff, and the promotion and enhancement of an harmonious working relationship between Staff Members and College Management.
The Human Resources Office is responsible for many areas including: Recruitment and Selection, Induction Training, Employee Relations, Training and Development, Policies and Procedures, and compliance with employment legislation. The Human Resources Office, in conjunction with College Management, Heads of Departments and Line Managers, is responsible for devising, implementing and evaluatng policies and procedures pertaining to the development, management and welfare of the College's Staff Members.
The Human Resources Office has responsibility for the following:
- Recruitment, Selection and Appointment of staff
- Staff Induction & Orientation
- Staff Retention
- Maintaining HR Records
- Employee Relations & Partnerships and Staff Wellbeing
- Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Diversity and Dignity at Work
- Promotion and Grading of Staff
- Staff Training and development
- Staff Remuneration
- Industrial & Employee Relations
- Performance Management
- Health, safety and welfare (Health and Safety Web page)
- Policy and Procedures Development