Exit Dates & Fee Ramifications
The College accepts no obligation to refund any fee or part of any fee paid in respect of any course or service provided by the College. The College is authorised, however, to issue partial refunds to all students who withdraw in the current academic year as stated below.
Students remain liable for fees up to the date that they officially withdraw from the College. Written notification of withdrawal (completion of a Student Exit Form) should the be sent to Student Services Office. The date of receipt of this written notification will be taken as the date of withdrawal.
First Year Students – Leaving Cert Recheck Upgrade
First Year Students who register but withdraw due to a leaving cert upgrade and obtain a higher place at another institute will not incur any fees. Registration fees paid in this instance will be forwarded to the upgraded course institute.
All Other Undergraduate Students
- Students who exit in the 1st week of term – full refund of fees paid, less €100 admin.
- Exit between the first day of term and the third Friday of term (end of week 3) - MIC entitled to keep Semester I Student Contribution Fees and Levies.
- Exit after the third Friday of term and before the 31st January – NO REFUND of Semester I Student Contribution fee paid and the college will claim Tuition Fees for semester 1.
- Exit after the 31st January No Refund of the full Student Contribution Fee and the college will claim Tuition Fees for the full academic year.
Students who Exit after the third Friday of term and before the 31st January – are liable for Semester I Course Fees.
Students who Exit after the 31st January are liable for Course Fees for the full academic year.
- Course Acceptance Fees are only refundable if the Course does not run.
Students unable to take up their course as a result of being refused their visa will be refunded the cost of the course fees paid. Please see page 11 on the following link.
Please Click Here to follow link.
Other Non Refundable Fees:
- Undergraduate Mature: €33
- Postgraduate: €33
- Grad Dip Primary Ed: €45
Duplicate Receipts or Tax Letters
Students can obtain receipts from their Student Portal Account for Academic Years 14/15 onwards.
For years preceding this, Students were advised to keep their original receipts.
Copies of statements/receipts or tax letters can be obtained for €15 payable in advance.