Wedding and Baptismal Ceremonies
MIC is delighted to host wedding and baptismal ceremonies for staff, current students or alumni of the College in the Campus Chapel.
The Chapel, built in 1906, can accommodate 200 people. On leaving the Chapel you can enter directly on to the College Quadrangle, an ideal location for photographs.
Please note: The Chapel needs to be booked a minimum of six months in advance of the ceremony (a fee is charged for use of the Chapel and payment of sacristan). Additionally:
- As the College is in St Joseph's Parish, the official correspondence regarding marriage papers must be sent to the Parish Priest, St Joseph's Church, O'Connell Avenue, Limerick.
- It is the responsibility of the couple to ensure that all the Civil and Church requirements are fulfilled. The College cannot accept any responsibility in this matter. Failure to have all the legal and religious requirements fulfilled will void the booking of the chapel and will mean that the marriage cannot go ahead.
- The Celebrant, for the ceremony, is to be provided by the couple unless otherwise arranged with the College Chaplain. The celebrant will be expected to hold a valid celebret and be a registered solemniser.
- Further information on the requirements for getting married in the Catholic Church in Limerick are available at www.limerickdiocese.org/marraige.html
- Also go to www.hse.ie/go/marriage/ for additional information.
|Telephone: + 353 61 204 324|