The aim of the Chaplaincy service in this Catholic College is to provide a supportive and challenging environment which fosters a spirit of inclusiveness on campus: valuing spiritual and cultural diversity and offering a chance to live and think through one’s faith. We network with other agencies which promote holistic development and a sense of justice for all.
The Chaplaincy Team provides a wide range of services, catering for the spiritual needs of the College Staff and student body, these services include::
- Regular Events; Masses, Penance Services and confession, maintenance of bereavement protocol, Mass cards signed on request.
- Organisation and support of College events.
- Special events, interdenominational and ecumenical services.
- Involvement with and the promotional support of various organisations and events, such as One World Week, Seachtain na Gaelige, Trocaire and Concern fasts and international human rights day, among others.
- Faith Development, Wellness Programmes and Pilgrimages; one on one meetings with students, Bereavement support, Chaplaincy Hospitality in T107 and meditation on request. Pilgrimages to Glenstal Abbey, Lough Gur and Clonmacnoise, among others.
- Pedagogical: Displays and dissemination of information though notice boards.
- Raising awareness of the liturgical year and special feast and prayer days
- Hosting lectures and talks as the occasion and opportunity arises
- Hosting a weekly bible breakfast for staff and students
- Special student Masses
Chaplaincy Team available 9am-5pm (or later) in T107, near Student Lounge.
In emergency contact Fr. Wall on 086 2550436