Welcome to the Transforming Education through Dialogue (TED) website
TED seeks to improve and enhance educational outcomes for children. This is achieved through harnessing the expertise of Mary Immaculate College in the service of children, parents and teachers, primarily in DEIS contexts. Through dialogue and collaboration we seek to unlock the enormous potential within learning communities.
TED is a strategic partnership between Mary Immaculate College and schools, agencies and organisations of the Limerick region and beyond. The TED project facilitates a connection between the specific expertise of lecturers and other College staff and the identified needs of schools and voluntary and statutory groups within the local community and at national and international level.
TED has created a significant footprint within the College and with schools and statutory and voluntary agencies both at a local level and nationally within the broader education community. We have developed expertise that enables us to:
- Work in partnership with a variety of stakeholders;
- Develop and deliver intervention projects;
- Create an infrastructure of support for teachers working in DEIS schools including workshops, summer schools, and published resources;
- Work with a range of stakeholders, including partnerships and consortia, to address relevant educational issues;
- Successfully seek funding to develop specific initiatives;
- Lead and collaborate on high profile research projects to influence policy and practice;
- Inform and deliver on undergraduate and post graduate programmes.
Further information on these aspects of the TED project is available in the menu on the left hand side.